Infotriever Overview for Executive Assistants and Travel Arrangers
What Is Infotriever?
Infotriever is a Software as a Service that automatically delivers and updates events from Infotriever-enabled partners directly into desktop calendars such as Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes, and through sync into mobile devices and smartphones such as Blackberry and iPhone. Our service has been used by hundreds of thousands of users in thousands of companies since 2000, and has been implemented and used in many leading corporations all over the world. In order to provide this service, we require a small desktop client software application to be installed on your desktop, and that of any person to whom you wish to forward information. This software may be installed from our website, any of our partner sites, or deployed by your company’s system administrator using the Infotriever SysAdmin installer.
Who is Infotriever designed for?
Infotriever is designed and ideally suited for:
- Mobile professionals;
- Frequent flyers;
- Executive Assistants;
- Travel Arrangers.
You will derive the most benefit from Infotriever if you:
- Use a desktop organizer such as Microsoft® Outlook®, Lotus Notes®, Palm OS®, or other supported organizers;
- Use a mobile device or smartphone, and/or share information with someone who uses one;
- Care about working smarter and improving your personal productivity.
Can I use Infotriever to forward travel plans or other Infotriever-enabled events and contacts to other people?
We have a special feature designed specifically for you. It’s called ExecAssist™ and it enables you to deliver your events and contacts into other people’s organizers.
How does Infotriever protect my privacy?
Where can I use Infotriever?
You can use Infotriever at any of these Infotriever-enabled partners sites and companies, although the specific application may vary (feel free to contact us to find out how you can use Infotriever at any given partner).
How can I get a company or website I visit to use Infotriever?
Infotriever is a customer service enhancement that most people would say makes their lives easier (our user surveys have shown that 90% of users have a very high or high level of overall satisfaction, and 96% prefer to use a service that uses Infotriever). In fact, we like to think of Infotriever as a standard of excellence in Internet customer service. However, as compelling as these results may be, we have found that companies really respond best to their own (existing) customers. If you want to see a website or company using Infotriever, our best recommendation is to contact them (typically through an email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org) and let them know. Feel free to let us know as well, and we will do whatever we can to help them see the light.
How can I get our company to use Infotriever?
We can provide your system administrator with a SysAdmin installer which will enable him/her to certify the Infotriever desktop software and deploy it to an unlimited number of users within your company.
How do I set up ExecAssist?
In order to use Infotriever ExecAssist, please complete the following steps, referring as required to the user guides below:
- The Executive Assistant downloads and installs the Infotriever desktop software onto his or her desktop, and creates an Infotriever account;
- The Executive downloads and installs the Infotriever desktop software onto his or her desktop, and creates an Infotriever account;
- The Executive Assistant requests permission from the Executive to download information into the Executive’s organizer. Once the Executive has granted permission, the Executive Assistant will be able to select one or more Executives as well as her or himself as the recipient(s) of the information when downloading. Please note that an Executive Assistant may be set up for downloading information into multiple Executives’ organizers.
General ExecAssist Tips
Please ensure that all users have Infotriever setup and configured before setting up ExecAssist.
- Please ensure that all users have personalized their install of Infotriever.
- When requesting permission, please ensure that you send the permission request to the same email address that the Executive used when personalizing.
- If your permission email fails to send and you get the message bounced back to you with an error that you cannot route email in this fashion, try forwarding it to the recipient.
- Please ensure that you use a First Name, Last Name and an Email Address when you personalize your Infotriever.
- Once you have ExecAssist setup but it still does not give you the option to select different calendars try exiting Infotriever and restarting it.