As you may know, Daylight Saving Time (DST) in the U.S. and Canada will start 3 weeks earlier and end 1 week later this year, in accordance with the U.S. Energy Policy Act. We are pleased to inform you that this change should create no impact on events that you download to your calendar using Infotriever. For more information, please see the Infotriever DST Overview for Users.
Please note that if your events from Mar 11 – Mar 31 are appearing an hour earlier than you expect, it is very likely that you have not yet applied the Microsoft Windows update for the DST change to your computer. This is more likely to occur in larger companies where the IT group deploys the Windows updates on behalf of employees. You can verify whether the Windows update has been applied to your computer, as follows:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Go to Add/Remove Programs.
- Check the box at the top that says “Show updates”.
- Look for “Update for Windows XP (KB931836) – this is the Windows update for the DST change.
Alternatively, you can also find out if the update had been applied by performing the following steps:
- Double click on the computer clock at the bottom right of the computer.
- Change the date to Mar 12.
- Click Apply. Verify that the “Current time zone:” changes to Daylight Time from Standard Time. If the Current time zone: still shows up as Eastern Standard Time (or Pacific Standard Time, etc.), then it is likely that the Windows update has not yet been applied.
- (Change this back to the present date using the same procedure above when finished.)
- Microsoft – Daylight Saving Time Changes
- Microsoft – Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center
- Microsoft – Tme Zone Update Tool (Note: please consult your IT Administrator about this tool)
- IBM – DST Information for Lotus Notes and Domino
- Blackberry – Daylight Saving Time 2007
- Palm – Daylight Saving Time Updates
- Microsoft – Daylight Saving Time 2007 Update for Windows Mobile-powered Devices